Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Day in Our Life

This morning we woke up with a nice suprise. Our son Aaron was "playing" angry birds on our family iPad. (went and snuck it in his bed all by himself. *sneaky sneaky*) All snuggled away in his bed. As for our baby girl she was a happy as can be laying beside us...talking baby talk. So in other words our precious angels let us sleep in. What a treat :) We then gave them good morning kisses.
Those are the memories one will never forget.....

Ruben and I had many errands to run today.
-Wal-Mart grocery shopping and also bug spray for around the house. (found a yucky black widow in our car the other day) :( :( :(
-took Aaron to Burger King for the first time. He went down to slide all by himself BIG deal for us :)
-pay bank bill
-drop library rentals off
-stop by my moms shop
-etc....

We got home and decided to be lazy for the remainder of the day. Lately we have become quite addicted to Law and Order SVU on Netflix. It has become our special little treat lately. We are what you call obsessed with it but nothing we can't control. ;)

For dinner, We decided beef taco's sounded delicious. I then decided  I would give spanish rice another try. Everytime I have attempted to make rice I always srew it up somehow or thee other. This time perfection and I figured out why!
Before when I would cook the rice I would never give it time to steam the rice I would always leave the lid on for about 5 to 10 minutes tops. Not no more I figured it needs about 20 minutes of simmer/steaming time.
I was very proud...Ruben and Aaron LOVED it which makes this mom/wife feel like I made a huge feast ;)

As the day was coming to an end. I decided to make Kale chips. Kale chips are basically the healthier version of potato chips except they are made from kale leaves and baked in the oven. Well the outcome was not so great. I did not like the taste once so ever! I think I will just stick with another alternative for now.
We have extra Kale leaves so me and Aaron went for a walk to give them to my dad's horses. Nice little alone time with Aaron is always a delight.

Well I must really trust you because I allowed you to come into a day of our lives. Which our pretty special to me...

So for now I will leave you with this. All the day has to offer is usually busyness and earthy matters. But always look to the ways of God and all that he gave us to truly be thankful for such as the smiles that my boy gave me as we held hands walking to feed an innocent animal.

~Estere



No comments:

Post a Comment